NOTE: Time Machine VR requires an Oculus DK2 or Crescent Bay. Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers supported.
THE STORY: SAVE THE HUMAN RACE (in development, more to come with the following updates)
A plague is consuming humankind. Civilization faces extinction. As a time-travelling scientist, you must go back to the Jurassic and face ancient creatures whose DNA holds the key to our survival. Pilot your time machine through prehistoric oceans, into an ecosystem teeming with ancient creatures. Navigate a dangerous food chain, tracking, probing, scanning and baiting these beasts, and save the human race.
THE EXPERIENCE: IMMERSIVE EXPLORATION OF THE JURASSIC
- A VR-native game about time travel, prehistoric creatures, and human extinction;
- Explore an immersive Jurassic underwater world;
- Play with a living ecosystem populated by a growing range of mysterious creatures: dakosaurus, pliosaurus, ophthalmosaurus, and more;
- Help us make Time Machine VR the best that it can be.
- Time Freeze: Briefly stop time around you, then use that moment to engage with creatures at close range;
- Tracker: Visibility is limited in the Jurassic oceans. Use the Tracker to locate creatures in the dark or behind rock formations;
- Probe: Shoot it at creatures to instantly collect genetic data on their species;
- Scan: Approach prehistoric creatures and use Scan to gather intelligence on specific anatomical features;
- Bait: The Jurassic oceans of Time Machine VR are living ecosystems, where your understanding of the dynamic food chain plays a decisive role in your ability to complete your mission. Use Bait to create situations that tilt the odds in your favor;
- Echography (Echo): What if the vital organs of prehistoric creatures hold part of the key to saving humankind? Use Echography’s ultrasound technology to understand the inner workings of these beasts of the deep. Caution: this device only works at very close range;
- More mechanics to come.
FREE DEMO: FEATURES
- A condensed and exhilarating VR experience;
- Immersive underwater navigation;
- Advanced Time Freeze, Tracker, Probe, and Scan mechanics.
EARLY ACCESS: FEATURES
- Two additional underwater levels;
- Story Mode (in development, more to come with the following updates);
- Exploration Mode (in development, with expansion to come);
- More creatures: pliosaurus, dakosaurus, ophthalmosaurus, and more;
- An expansive on-land VR mission hub located in Svalbard, Norway;
- A DinoDex: upload collected data, and unlock creatures;
- A full range of tech-based mechanics: Time Freeze, Tracker, Probe, Scan, Echography, Bait, with more to come;
- Regular updates with new features and bug fixes;
- Buy once, and get all following updates FREE;
- Have your say: talk with our dev team and take part in the development of Time Machine VR!
STORY MODE (in development, more to come with the following updates)
Svalbard & the DinoDex
You begin your journey inside your mission hub, in Svalbard, Norway. It shelters your time machine and comes equipped with the DinoDex, a depository of the information you will collect from the prehistoric creatures you encounter. Every time you return to Svalbard with new discoveries, upload them to the DinoDex to unlock crucial data and creatures. This will help you find the cure to the epidemic devastating humankind.
The Jurassic Oceans
Travel to the dangerous oceans of prehistory, where dakosaurus, pliosaurus and ophthalmosaurus, among others, roam the deep. Use your high-tech equipment to track, probe and scan these beasts, extracting the information you need. Bait creatures to turn risky situations to your advantage. Freeze time and perform dangerous close-up echography as you strive to fulfill your mission.
EXPLORATION MODE (in development, with expansion to come)
Revisit completed levels and unlock crucial intelligence about the Jurassic-era creatures you have faced. Then, follow these clues to uncover the key to humankind’s survival. Exploration mode still requires a lot of development, but we plan on expanding it with every major update.
Have your say: talk with our dev team and take part in the development of Time Machine VR when you buy it on Early Access!
Developer Minority Media Inc.
Publisher Minority Media Inc.
Supported Rift Versions